Job Vacancy: Cleaner
VISUAL is an iconic arts centre in the heart of Carlow, with four world-class gallery spaces and 335-seat performance space. As Ireland’s largest gallery space, VISUAL gives access to challenging and excellent contemporary art practice in a context that explores the value, richness and relevance of the arts in our lives.
The Cleaner will be part of the Front of House Team at VISUAL and report to the Front of House Manager. They will assist in providing a safe and hygienic gallery, and theatre for members, guests and staff by ensuring that all areas are maintained to the highest level of cleanliness. This role is supported by facilities staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Cleaning the following areas - all general public areas of the facilities including washrooms, lobby spaces, box office area, galleries, theatre, windows, interior entrances and exits, backstage and rehearsal dressing rooms, and offices.
• removal, segregation and disposal of all waste materials, recycled and otherwise in line with our waste management policy
• maintain Health and Safety standards at all times
• ensure equipment is cleaned, maintained, and stored correctly
• other duties as requested
• Good attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and use initiative, while being part of a team
• To be reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work
• Cleaning experience is preferred but full training will be provided if necessary
• Availability at weekends
Hours will vary depending upon the scheduling of shows and events, includes evenings and weekends.
VISUAL is an equal opportunities employer.
Reports to the Front of House Manager
Job Type: This is a Part Time role. 15 hours per week.
Email CV and cover letter for the attention of Derek Blanche: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 6th September.