VISUAL Carlow seeks a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated candidate for the position of Marketing Manager to join it’s dedicated and vibrant team.
How we work together, collaborate and communicate is more vital than ever. As an arts institution VISUAL prides itself on its commitment to public engagement and social inclusion.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
VISUAL is an iconic arts centre in the heart of Carlow, with four world-class gallery spaces and 335-seat performance space. As Ireland’s largest gallery space, VISUAL gives access to challenging and excellent contemporary art practice in a context that explores the value, richness and relevance of the arts in our lives. We are committed to providing meaningful access to contemporary artistic practice of the highest quality through our exhibitions, events and activities. Our unique scale and regional location allows for ambitious programming and wide-reaching participation opportunities with diverse audiences – local, national and international, online and in person.
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the core team, reporting to the CEO and Artistic Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing awareness, understanding and engagement of the public with VISUAL through devising and implementing day-to-day marketing of the programme, and line management of the Box Office/reception and volunteer teams as the first points of contact with the public. As a key role in how people engage with the institution, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of marketing in the arts sector
• Command of digital marketing strategy development and tools
• Command of Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email marketing software
• Experience of developing/engaging audiences in the arts
• Experience using the Ticketsolve platform
The following qualities will be required:
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility – some evening and weekend work will be required
• High self-motivation and ability to take initiative
• Excellent time management and strong work ethic
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to oversee a team
• Familiarity with contemporary arts practice
• Familiarity with InDesign
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Marketing and PR for the programme and institution
• Management of media relationships
• Co-ordinating production of seasonal brochures and gallery invitations
• Collation of metrics re participation and engagement and marketing activity
• Management of Box Office and galleries volunteer staff
• Working closely with the CEO and Artistic Director and the Galleries Curator to build audiences and engagement opportunities
• Co-ordinating work experience/internship programmes
• Building relationships with local/national partners in education and tourism sectors
Other duties and obligations include:
• Acting as an ambassador and advocate in representing the centre
• Adhering to stated staff policies and procedures, as set down in the staff handbook
• Adhering to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
• Participating in training and development programmes/courses to maintain and improve performance and to assist in identifying self-training and support needs
• Participating and working within a performance management development system process
• Any other reasonable duties or projects that may be required in the role, as assigned by the CEO
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Annual Salary: Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Holidays: 20 days pro rata per annum. Public Holidays: 9 Public holidays per annum.
Contract: 2 year fixed term, 32 hours per week. Notice: One month notice is required.
Code of Conduct: VISUAL has a commitment to the well-being, safety and dignity of its staff while at work. We operate within the principles of a code of conduct for employees, visiting artists and companies. A spirit of co-operation, collaboration and communication is an important part of the identity at VISUAL and staff at all levels are expected to maintain this spirit as a professional priority in their work.
To apply, please send your cv and a covering letter detailing why you are suited to this role, to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 3rd of July. Interviews will take place no later than the 10th of July.
VISUAL is an equal opportunities employer