ANNOUNCING ARTWORKS 2020
the Carlow Arts Festival and VISUAL Annual Open Submission and Art Award.
* DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 17 APRIL *
Artists are invited to submit their work in any medium for selection. The 2020 exhibition will be presented in VISUAL Carlow’s ground floor galleries, this summer. All artists selected will receive an artist’s fee.
This year’s ARTWORKS Open Submission invites artists to submit work that takes up the theme of climate and our natural environment.
The exhibition will be titled The Sky is Blue, taking inspiration from John Tyndall, the eccentric Carlow Scientist who discovered why the sky was blue. Tyndall is understood to be one of the founders of climate science. 2020 marks the bicentennial of his birth in Leighlinbridge, Carlow.
There will be two awards for outstanding work presented:
- The ART WORKS Award of €3000, will be presented for the most outstanding work in any medium.
- The Éigse Prize of €1000 will be presented for work by a recent graduate selected for the most outstanding work in any medium.
SELECTORS: Emma-Lucy O’Brien Artistic Director VISUAL, Jo Mangan Carlow Arts Festival Director, and New York based artist and activist Katie Holten.
- Submission deadline extended to Friday 17 April 2020 @5pm
- All work submitted must have been completed between 2018 and 2020
- Submitted work must be available for sale.
- Film – based work may be submitted as part of the online process (YouTube or Vimeo link).
- Performative work, large scale work and outdoor work will be considered.
- Work is accepted for exhibition on merit. Copyright of all work is the property of the artist. Carlow Arts Festival and VISUAL reserve the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.