With five exhibitions to see and activity packs for younger audiences, enjoy your visit to VISUAL this Autumn.
This season we explore trees, the colour of the sky, the importance of language and stories in times of environmental crisis, fast fashion and the work of a Leighlinbridge-born scientist John Tyndall.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority so measures are in place in line with current public health advice to make sure that you enjoy VISUAL safely in a relaxed atmosphere.
To begin, we are asking all visitors to the gallery book free tickets online in advance for an allocated 1hr 45min time slot. Booking times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
This will help us manage the number of people visiting, so you can visit VISUAL exhibitions safely.
When you make your booking, we will ask for your contact details. This is for contact tracing to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of COVID-19. We will keep your contact details for 21 days from the date of your visit and only pass them on to the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for COVID-19. We will not use these contact details for any other reason. If you arrive at VISUAL without a booking, you will be asked for your contact details at reception.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever or cough, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please stay at home. Visit www.hse.ie/coronavirus for more information on COVID-19.
Below is some guidance on the changes in place so that you can enjoy your visit to VISUAL.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- We’re asking all visitors to book a free timed ticket online in advance of their visit. This will help us manage the number of people visiting at any one time, and ensure everyone can keep a safe distance.
- Tickets can be booked online.
- You will be able to book up to a maximum of 6 tickets, for yourself and those in your household or bubble.
- Tickets are available Wednesday to Saturday 11am to 5:30pm, Sunday 2pm to 5pm. Last admission is 15 minutes before closing.
- For anyone unable to book online, call 059 9172400 and we will organise your tickets.
- We recommend everyone books online in advance. Only a limited number of tickets will be available on the day for visitors. Visitors who arrive at VISUAL without a ticket may have to queue until numbers are safe for you to enter.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Arriving at VISUAL
- You must wear a mask for the duration of your visit.
- Please only arrive at VISUAL just before your allocated time slot. You may have to join a small queue but we will be doing everything we can to ensure this is as short a time as possible.
- Once inside the building, a member of the VISUAL Team will welcome you and ask for your tickets. You can present these on your mobile phone or give your name.
- There will be a designated route around the building. There will be markings on the floor showing this route. We ask that all visitors maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
- A maximum of 6 people from no more than 3 households can be seated together.
- Please arrive just before the event and leave directly after.
Visits on the day
Please join the queue and let the VISUAL Team know you have not booked a ticket. If there is space, you will be asked for your contact details and allowed admission. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will be allowed entry if you have not booked, so we recommend everyone books online in advance to avoid disappointment.
In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are taking contact details of customers who do not book in advance. We will keep your details for 21 days and will only share them with the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus. We will not use these contact details for any other reason.
- The VISUAL Shop is open. Contactless/card payments are preferred.
- Lennon’s Restaurant is open. Visit www.lennons.ie for more information and opening times.
- Toilets including accessible toilets are open, as well as baby changing facilities.
- Lockers or luggage storage are not available.
Please listen to and respect any guidance offered by the VISUAL Team when you visit.
Usually, the VISUAL Team chat to you about our building and exhibitions when you visit. During this time, they may not be able to do this in as much detail. This is for everyone's safety and we look forward to returning to longer conversations in the future.
Get in touch: If you’d like to discuss any of our safety measures in more detail, please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org