We're open again. There are five exhibitions to see and activity packs for younger audiences!
This season we explore trees, the colour of the sky, the importance of language and stories in times of environmental crisis, fast fashion and the work of a Leighlinbridge-born scientist John Tyndall.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority so there are some changes in place to make sure that you enjoy VISUAL safely in a relaxed atmosphere.
To begin, we are asking all visitors to book free tickets online in advance for an allocated 2hr time slot. 11am -1pm, 1pm - 3pm, 3pm - 5pm.
This will help us manage the number of people visiting, so you can visit VISUAL exhibitions safely.
When you make your booking, we will ask for your contact details. This is for contact tracing to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of COVID-19. We will keep your contact details for 21 days from the date of your visit and only pass them on to the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for COVID-19. If you arrive at VISUAL without a booking, you will be asked for your contact details at reception.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever or cough, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please stay at home. Visit www.hse.ie/coronavirus/ for more information on COVID-19.
Below is some guidance on the changes in place so that you can enjoy your visit to VISUAL.
BEFORE YOU VISIT
- We’re asking all visitors to book a free timed ticket online in advance of their visit. This will help us manage the number of people visiting at any one time, and ensure everyone can keep a safe distance.
- Tickets can be booked online from Monday 20th July.
- You will be able to book up to a maximum of 6 tickets, for yourself and those in your household or bubble.
- Tickets are available Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 5:30pm, Sunday 2pm to 5pm. Last admission is 15 minutes before closing.
- For anyone unable to book online, call 059 9172400 and we will organise your tickets.
- We recommend everyone books online in advance. Only a limited number of tickets will be available on the day for visitors. Visitors who arrive at VISUAL without a ticket may have to queue until numbers are safe for you to enter.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Arriving at VISUAL
- Please only arrive at VISUAL just before your allocated time slot. You may have to join a small queue but we will be doing everything we can to ensure this is as short a time as possible.
- Once inside the building, a member of the VISUAL Team will welcome you and ask for your tickets. You can present these on your mobile phone or give your name.
- There will be a designated route around the building. There will be markings on the floor showing this route. We ask that all visitors maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
Visits on the day
Please join the queue and let the VISUAL Team know you have not booked a ticket. If there is space, you will be asked for your contact details and allowed admission. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will be allowed entry if you have not booked, so we recommend everyone books online in advance to avoid disappointment.
In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are taking contact details of customers who do not book in advance. We will keep your details for 21 days and will only share them with the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus.
The VISUAL Shop will be open. Contactless/card payments are preferred.
Lennon’s Restaurant will be open, offering Lunch: Friday – Sunday from 12pm and Dinner: Friday & Saturday from 5.45pm. Visit www.lennons.ie for more information.
Toilets including accessible toilets will be open, as well as baby changing facilities.
Lockers or luggage storage will not be available.
Please listen to and respect any guidance offered by the VISUAL Team when you visit.
Usually, the VISUAL Team chat to you about our building and exhibitions when you visit. During this time, they may not be able to do this in as much detail. This is for everyone's safety and we look forward to returning to longer conversations in the future.