Box Office/Front of House Usher (Part-time)
Job Notice (Paid)
VISUAL Carlow is now seeking applicants to join our team for the above position.
• To process ticket sale using the computerised booking system; this includes telephone, online and over-the-counter interactions.
• To efficiently input data on the ticketing system, ensuring constant attention to detail on data entry.
• To distribute literature to patrons and answer questions in response to enquiries about shows and events.
• To process bookshop sales and answer customer queries about the bookshop stock.
• To be fully informed and proactive in the marketing of the gallery and theatre’s events and services, looking to create sales opportunities.
• To replenish the marketing material at box office and ensure that the box office area is presentable at all times.
• To assist with any administration or tasks that may be reasonably required.
• To be a primary point of contact for the public as part of the FOH team, responsible for maintaining the highest standard of customer care at all times.
• To abide by, support, and implement the arts centre’s Covid 19 Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Child Protection Policy, and comply with emergency and safety procedures, including ensuring such procedures are adhered to by the FOH team and those visiting the arts centre (gallery, theatre and bar).
• Prior experience of Ticketsolve ticketing system is desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer-service related industry.
• Friendly and efficient verbal and written communications.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Available to work weekend and evening shifts.
• An interest in the arts.
If you would like to apply to be part of the VISUAL team, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 4 May at 5pm.