Re-Opening Information for Visitors
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to VISUAL when we re-open on Thursday 23 July.
When we open our doors again, the safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority. There will be changes in place so that you can enjoy VISUAL safely in a relaxed atmosphere.We are asking all visitors to book free tickets online in advance for an allocated time slot. This will help us manage the number of people visiting, so you can visit VISUAL exhibitions safely. When you make your booking, we will ask for your contact details. This is for contact tracing to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of COVID-19. We will keep your contact details for 21 days from the date of your visit and only pass them on to the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for COVID-19. If you arrive at VISUAL without a booking, you will be asked for your contact details at reception.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever or cough, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please stay at home. Visit www.hse.ie/coronavirus/ for more information on COVID-19.
Below is some guidance on the changes in place so that you can enjoy your visit to VISUAL.
- We’re asking all visitors to maintain social distancing (2m) when visiting.
- We’ve implemented a designated route throughout the building. Please follow the markings on the floor, which will tell you where to go.
- There will be hand sanitising points throughout the building for your use.
- Any children in your group must be supervised at all times.
- There will be increased cleaning of VISUAL including toilet facilities, door handles, rails and other areas throughout the building.
- Contactless/card payments are preferred in the VISUAL Shop.
- The VISUAL Team may be wearing face coverings or visors. There will be perspex screens in place at reception.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering, in line with government recommendations. VISUAL will provide you with a face mask.
- Risk assessments have been carried out for both staff and visitor operations. These are regularly reviewed and take guidance from the government and the HSE.
- We are limiting capacity and staggering entry to VISUAL. Entry remains free, but we are asking visitors to pre-book a time slot in advance of their visit if they can.
BEFORE YOU VISIT
We’re asking all visitors to book a free timed ticket online in advance of their visit. This will help us manage the number of people visiting at any one time, and ensure everyone can keep a safe distance.
- Tickets can be booked online from Monday 20 July.
- You will be able to book up to a maximum of 6 tickets, for yourself and those in your household.
- Tickets are available Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 5:30pm, Sunday 2pm to 5pm. Last admission is 30 minutes before closing.
- For anyone unable to book online, call 059 9172400 and we will organise your tickets.
- We recommend everyone books online in advance. Only a limited number of tickets will be available on the day for visitors. Visitors who arrive at VISUAL without a ticket may have to queue until numbers are safe for you to enter.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Arriving at VISUAL
- Please only arrive at VISUAL just before your allocated time slot. You may have to join a small queue but we will be doing everything we can to ensure this is as short a time as possible.
- Once inside the building, a member of the VISUAL Team will welcome you and ask for your tickets. You can present these on your mobile phone or give your name.
- There will be a designated route around the building. There will be markings on the floor showing this route. We ask that all visitors maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
Visits on the day
- Please join the queue and let the VISUAL Team know you have not booked a ticket. If there is space, you will be asked for your contact details and allowed admission. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will be allowed entry if you have not booked, so we recommend everyone books online in advance to avoid disappointment.
- In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are taking contact details of customers who do not book in advance. We will keep your details for 21 days and will only share them with the HSE for contact tracing in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus.
There are 5 exhibitions for you to enjoy:
Katie Holten: Irish Tree Alphabet
Sibyl Montague: Self Soothers
Mark Joyce and Fergal Dowling: Tyndall’s Blues
ARTWORKS :Open Submission in collaboration with Carlow Arts Festival
Ben Rivers: Ghost Strata
- The VISUAL Shop will be open with lots of new titles. Contactless/card payments are preferred.
- Lennon’s Restaurant will be open, offering Lunch: Friday – Sunday from 12pm and Dinner: Friday & Saturday from 5.45pm. Visit www.lennons.ie for more information.
- Toilets including accessible toilets will be open, as well as baby changing facilities.
- Lockers will not be available.
Please listen to and respect any guidance offered by the VISUAL Team when you visit.
Usually, the VISUAL Team chat to you about our building and exhibitions when you visit. During this time, they may not be able to do this in as much detail. This is for everyone's safety and we look forward to returning to longer conversations in the future.
Get in touch: If you’d like to discuss any of our safety measures or see and up to date risk statement, please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org